GRAND PRIX #1 | 10/11 APRIL | ORANGE
The first Grand Prix is schedule for 10/11 April, 2021 at the Central West Gymnastics Club located in Orange. Rec Alley will enter one team across its two sites (Rec Alley Gregory Hills and Rec Alley Minto).
SPEED RUN: THE FASTEST ATHLETE
- The speed run is broken up into the following age groups:
- 5 – 8 year olds
- 9 – 12 year olds
- 13 – 15 year olds
- 16 – 26 year olds
- The Speed Run competition format consists of a timed run, where the goal is to go from A to B with efficiency, by using specific Freestyle (parkour) moves to overcome obstacles
- The Speed Run event is suitable for all Rec Alley Parkour athletes, including Junior Parkour
FREESTYLE: THE MOST STYLISH ATHLETE
This format consists of a run, where the goal is to go from A to B with style, fluidity and mastery, within a maximum time period of 60 seconds, by using specific Freestyle (parkour) moves to overcome obstacles and acrobatic moves in specific zones to showcase creativity.
Rec Alley will enter athletes into the following categories:
- Freestyle Intermediate Jnr: 5 – 12 year olds
- Freestyle Intermediate Snr: 13 – 26 year olds
- Freestyle Intermediate is suitable for athletes who in Parkour Yellow, Green, Blue, Red or Black
INFORMATION SESSION FOR THOSE WHO DECIDE TO ATTEND
Rec Alley will host an information session via Zoom for all athletes who decide to attend this Grand Prix #1 competition at Central West Gymnastics (Orange). An entry fee will be charged, we will shortly let you know the cost of entry for this competition.
Expressions of interest are due by Sunday, 7 March 2021.