PARKOUR SKILLS + LEAGUE!
Get excited for our newest skills workshop and league challenge! Each monthly program will run across four (4) Sundays where participants will spend half the time learning tricks and skills and the other half will compete in the Rec Alley Parkour League. There is a winner every week, month and year! Are you for the challenge?
The program and challenge will run in a friendly and supportive manner, providing our parkour and trickers members a friendly competition.
DAYS AND TIMES:
- AUGUST: Sunday 8, 15, 22, 29 August | 12:30pm – 2:30pm
- SEPTEMBER: Sunday 5, 12, 19, 26 September | 12:30pm – 2:30pm
- OCTOBER: Sunday 10, 17, 24, 31 October | 12:30pm – 2:30pm
- NOVEMBER: Sunday 7, 14, 21, 28 November | 12:30pm – 2:30pm
Each Sunday there will be a focus on a particular parkour or tricking skill. Programs will be pre-written and participants will receive an email with all the details for the coming month.
Duration: 45 minutes
LEAGUE CHALLENGE COMPONENT:
The league runs each Sunday of that particular month with a weekly and monthly winner that will be announced via Rec Alley’s member newsletter and social media. The challenge will consist of two components, mirroring a usual parkour competition, the two components include:
SPEED RUN: THE FASTEST ATHLETE
- The speed run will broken down into different age groups
- The Speed Run consists of a timed run, where the goal is to go from A to B with efficiency, by using specific Freestyle (parkour) moves to overcome obstacles
- The Speed Run event is suitable for all Rec Alley parkour and trickers athletes
FREESTYLE: THE MOST STYLISH ATHLETE
This format consists of a run, where the goal is to go from A to B with style, fluidity and mastery, within a maximum time period of 60 seconds, by using specific freestyle parkour or tricking moves to overcome obstacles and acrobatic moves in specific zones to showcase creativity.
Duration: 1 hour 15 Minutes
WHO IS INVITED:
- Rec Alley Gregory Hills and Rec Alley Minto members who are in the following:
- Any Parkour or Trickers program participant
- Are over the age of 5
WHAT IS THE PRICE:
- Each month long program is $150
- Book all four for $499
- ENTRY CLOSING DATE: Last Wednesday of each month (for the following month)
WHERE IS THE EVENT:
- Rec Alley Minto, 16 Swettenham Rd, Minto